1394 error: driver offline/no cable

Estudio 500

Gear owned
TASCAM DM-4800
Hi guys,

First of all, I apologize for the bad english. I work in a studio that has a DM-4800 "running" with a Windows 7 64bits and a IF-FW MKII card but I'm not able to put those guys to work with the Pro Tools 10. I installed all drivers (v1.51) and firmwares but I got 1394 message in slot page. "No cable" it says, but when I take the cable off and put it again, it shows quickly "Driver Offline". I tryied all the drivers versions, changed the FW cable and even tryied to use my PC FW inputs in order to see if those are working well and I could use my 003 with Pro tools. Also, when I try to run the Pro Tools with DM 4800, I get a message "The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another device" and a window pops ut showing the FW card as playback engine, but when I click ok button, it shows up again.
IF FW control panel shows nothing.

I appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks,

Victor

Hi, CaptDan !

Thanks for your reply. The card driver is v1.21 and I don't know which driver I have to set to legacy. I tryied to set the IF FW card to legacy and nothing happened.

Thanks again,

Victor

@edit: I set the FW Windows port to Legacy and nothing happened again.

INFOS: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
DRIVERS:
IF FW MKII = v1.21
DM4800 =TMCompanion v1.51
Firmware = v1.70

Windows 7 64 bits SP1

Last edited:
The driver you have to set to 'legacy' is the Windows 1394 driver that you'll find in your device manager. Click Update driver, Browse, Let me choose, select Lecacy version.
Greetz,
Frans

@captdan
I tryied both drivers that you send to me but I'm still getting "No cable/Driver off-line" status. I'm sure that my system is compatible and I'm using a good FW cable.

@Headroom
Thanks for the help. I already set my 1394 driver to legacy, but nothing changed :/

Try a new cable...they can go bad...got a box of bad cables. Also if you have multi FW ports on your PC try a different one. OR if your using a built in Motherboard FW find a PCI card to use if the problem persists.

Wilson Dyer MPSE

Is the card still under warranty?
See if you can borrow a Mac or another PC to see if it is your computer that is the problem. If it is still not working, send the card in for warranty work.

DAMN I wish this thread wasnt dead. I'm having this exact problem. Suspect the chipset.

Firewire card if-fw is very prone to burn the chipset when hot plugged into pc FireWire, usually i turn on dm after the pc, to avoid electrical peaks, and never plug the cable when the two devices are turned on.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online