#5 XLR input not working all of the sudden DP24SD

nick vlassis

Gear owned
dp24sd
Has anyone run across this before that it could be a setting i screwed up or something ?? ? All of the sudden my #5 XLR input will not produce any sound from a mic connected to it......it has always worked fine, and all of the sudden it has stopped working. Is there anything I can look for as all the other XLR inputs work fine ....thanks for any help and I hope its something simple

Hi Nick, if you're sure input 5 is configured exactly the same as the other working inputs, then it would appear there is a fault with that input. There are lots of settings which can affect each input independently (assignments, EQ, FX etc) so if you're not 100% sure, try a factory initialise to clear everything down. If the input is still faulty, then you've eliminated the settings so try the 1/4" jack option in input 5. It's less sensitive than the XLR, but if this works (assuming the signal still passes through the pre-amp), the problem could just be the combo socket as opposed to the electronics, so should be easy to fix if you can get at it. Note I've never disassembled mine so don't know how accessible these things are. Hope you get it sorted.

I had this exact problem during the first week that I owned my DP-24. In my case it was the "B" input which appeared to stop working completely. I almost made a post here about it, then I noticed that my firmware version was a bit behind. I did a firmware upgrade and now everything works. I don't know if your problem can be corrected this way, but it worked for me.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.