Adapter Blues

Brian Mac V

My DP24 arrived this morning, it shipped with an American plug and a European Adapter...which didn't fit. I had to go and purchase another adapter, five mile drive into town. I haven't switched it on yet. Maybe later.

Mine came with a 2-pin plug which was no good for the UK. The transformer has a clip-on part which holds the pins (see photos), so asked the dealer (dv247) if they could send a 3-pin part...
dp32-psu1.jpg dp32-psu2.jpg
...they sent a standard 2 pin to 3 pin adapter! Told them this wasn't good enough so they ordered a whole new PSU with a 3-pin UK part fitted. Don't settle for a work-round as you could corrupt your sd-card if the power ever glitches.

Reactions: Brian Mac V
That's exactly what I've just said Phil. I'm going to contact them later. And you are so right, the connection between the new new adapter and the PSU is very flaky and it's begging to cause power glitches.

edit Done. I demanded a proper PSU with a UK 3 pin plug!

Last edited:
No reply from Thomann to my two emails yet. But boy, are they quick to take your order and diminish your bank balance. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Phil Tipping
Brian, did the story end happily for you? I'm the proud owner of a brand new dp 24 sd, however I am not in possession of a workable power supply. Guessing they don't sell enough in the UK to make the part, but I'm not risking plugging in until I know I'm not damaging the thing.

No I'm not as it happens, and I've sent a very strong letter off . First they sent me a PSU with a weird combo American/European pins plug and a cheap plastic adapter. Then they sent a replacement or should I say the same thing again. Then they sent me a different PSU with the wrong connector for the machine, I think it's four replacements now. I'm back to using what they sent me originally, and I had my first machine power out thanks to the piece of cr*p...and their stupidity of course. It came out of the socket with the slightest nudge, like it was always going to.

Last edited:
Wow, at least the service is consistently bad for UK adapters. I don't especially want to have to go through a power struggle (literally and metaphorically).

Phil, did you get the UK plug from tascam directly or from the retailer? Brian, I do hope your is working now. Would be a shame to have the experience of using the machine ruined.

I contacted tascam directly to ask if they recommend a replacement part that won't void the warranty. Hopefully they will get back after a happy new year.

Reactions: Brian Mac V
Rick - mine was from the retailer (dv247) - took two attempts as they first sent a basic 2-to-3 pin adapter to adapt the existing 2-pin fitting on the psu! We got there in the end so was pleased with their after-sales service. They ordered a completely new psu with the correct 3-pin fitting (took a bit longer, from Germany I think?), so my old psu body can still be used as a spare by swapping the fitting. I think a lot of the problem is with communication so would recommend photos to clarify which bit is wrong and what exactly you need. Good luck.

Let me know how you get on Rick, sounds like I might have to do the same. Part of my annoyance is - I bought a MOTU from the same dealer about 2 years ago and it arrived with a Shuko and 0.50p adapter. When I tried to remove the adapter from the socket, the fake plastic Earth pole decided to remain in the socket. I had to get a sparks around to dig out the pole. I should have known better!

Mine came with a 2-pin plug which was no good for the UK. The transformer has a clip-on part which holds the pins (see photos), so asked the dealer (dv247) if they could send a 3-pin part...
View attachment 1383 View attachment 1384
...they sent a standard 2 pin to 3 pin adapter! Told them this wasn't good enough so they ordered a whole new PSU with a 3-pin UK part fitted. Don't settle for a work-round as you could corrupt your sd-card if the power ever glitches.

Phil, I finally got around to getting the proper UK adapter for my machine. Would you believe that Sian at DV247 sent it to me for FREE. It hasn't arrived yet, but what a pleasant change from the clowns at Thomann where I bought the Tascam initially.
So thanks Phil and Sian/dv247.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.