Adapter Blues

Discussion in '2488 and DP-24/32 Digital Portastudios' started by Brian Mac V, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Brian Mac V

Brian Mac V New Member

Gear:
    DP24SD
    My DP24 arrived this morning, it shipped with an American plug and a European Adapter...which didn't fit. I had to go and purchase another adapter, five mile drive into town. I haven't switched it on yet. Maybe later.
  2. Phil Tipping

Phil Tipping Active Member

West Wales, UK
    Gear:
    dp-32sd, vl-s5, 202 mkIII
    Mine came with a 2-pin plug which was no good for the UK. The transformer has a clip-on part which holds the pins (see photos), so asked the dealer (dv247) if they could send a 3-pin part...
    dp32-psu1.jpg dp32-psu2.jpg
    ...they sent a standard 2 pin to 3 pin adapter! Told them this wasn't good enough so they ordered a whole new PSU with a 3-pin UK part fitted. Don't settle for a work-round as you could corrupt your sd-card if the power ever glitches.
    Brian Mac V likes this.
  3. Brian Mac V

Brian Mac V New Member

Gear:
    DP24SD
    That's exactly what I've just said Phil. I'm going to contact them later. And you are so right, the connection between the new new adapter and the PSU is very flaky and it's begging to cause power glitches.

edit Done. I demanded a proper PSU with a UK 3 pin plug!
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  4. Brian Mac V

Brian Mac V New Member

Gear:
    DP24SD
    No reply from Thomann to my two emails yet. But boy, are they quick to take your order and diminish your bank balance. :rolleyes:
    Phil Tipping likes this.
  5. Brian Mac V

Brian Mac V New Member

Gear:
    DP24SD
    Oh no, I just realised that the USB cable was not in the box either. :mad: