Advice on connecting EH Synth 9 to DP-24

SpeedBump

Gear owned
DP-24
Greetings ! New user here and recently picked up a DP-24. I did enough research to get going on it and am recording guitar tracks ( direct ) using a Laney IRT Studio with a Zoom G3 in the effects loop for modulation.

What I'm unsure of is how to connect my EH Synth 9 pedal for the best results. So far, the only problem I'm encountering with the guitar tracks is background hiss and thinking it might be the ground switch. Hiss aside, what would guys recommend I do about plugging in the Synth 9?

I don't own a EH Synth9 - but from what I can tell it is the same as a standard foot pedal... so, typically, gtr---> EH Synth9----> DI box of your choosing----> any available input on the DP24.

Seems to me you could also put it in the effects loop.

Jimi, it appears from info I've gleaned ( since posting this thread ) is that it doesn't perform well in the effects loop and should be used as the first pedal in the chain. I guess I'm simply going to run guitar>synth9>amp and tweak until I can live with a tone or two.

Well, I've recorded some scratch tracks with the Synth 9 and am getting some serious background hiss regardless of how low I keep the trim level or gain. Any suggestions on noise reduction as I have the Synth 9 in front of my Laney amp?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.