Another Questions

Bravohorn1

Gear owned
DP 24SD
Hey, Ive performed all the recommended fixes and reset. Factory defaults have all input sources lit upon creation of new song in screen. I'm only using one input (A)

1) Do I clear all before selection, or does it matter.
2) When recording in studio on the dp24 what is the best initial position for selected track, or tracks faders @ 0, or all the way up to 6, or down to bottom? . To this point in my activity with unit I've positioned them at 0, but on videos I see them at different levels.
3) During yesterday's session I had two musicians performing simultaneously. 1 was lead vocal, and rythum guitar. Her guitar in direct input H, and condensor Mike to A, the 2nd was lead guitar and we just miked his amp.
This is where I started making errors. Kind of panicked and was pushing buttons. You can't run all 3 on the same track right! So how should I have assigned inputs? Seperate tracks each us what I ended up doing, but had already accidentally hit a stereo bus button. Before you ask the answers yes. All know ahead, that I am inexperienced. I do not charge fees. My only compensation is the experience itself, and I get join in the mix and pick and sing

Bravo, you have 24 tracks, so use them for individual instruments and vocals. The other lit assignments don't do anything unless the tracks are armed. Here's what I would have done:

First, ask a question: Is the source stereo, or mono? Stereo (like a keyboard) assign to a stereo track. Mono (single microphone, single input like guitar) - assign to a mono track.

Second, go to the Assign screen and clear out the assignments, just to make sure.

1. Lead vocal: Assign that input to Track 1. It makes things easier at first, to keep them line-to-line, because you are gaining experience. So, put the vocal mic into Input A, assign to Track 1. Use Mixer screen and Pan center.

2. Rhythm Guitar: a: Using a mic on an amp? Connect mic to Input B, Assign to Track 2. Use Mixer screen to Pan L or R and EQ as you wish. b: Guitar on direct input? Connect to Input H, throw Guitar switch and observe "GUITAR" light lit. Assign to Track 8 (for convenience, but it can be any track).

3. Lead Guitar: Same as above. Use Mixer screen to Pan and EQ as desired.

Use a Track Sheet to document what you are doing. You will find a downloadable Track Sheet in this thread: http://www.tascamforums.com/threads...heets-for-recording-projects.5197/#post-28123 Make detailed notes on it. That's what it's for. You should see mine! I draw lines for all the bounces, and I note each Sound preset on amps, and stuff. When finished, I make a new, clean sheet for archival purposes.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.