Are there any SX1 alternatives?

Discussion in 'TASCAM SX-1' started by Kev4374, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Kev4374

Kev4374 New Member

Gear:
    Sx1
    First I’d like to say I’ve had my SX1 since 2004 and love it. So much so I purchased a second one with a spare MB, hard drives, video screens, you name it. I probably have enough parts to rebuild my main unit 3-4 times and plan on doing that when the need arises. However I still find myself looking to see what else is out there just in case. I can’t find anything comparable. Am I missing something? Have any of you found a comparable, current, alternative to the SX1?

Just curious.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
  2. cmaffia

cmaffia Moderator Staff Member

Queens, New York
    Gear:
    2 x DM3200, DA-3000
    If you want to sta in the Tascam Universe, the Portastudio is the closest for all in one. You could graduate to the now unsupported DM3200/4800 or embrace the new Console 24 but for any of those mentioned you will need to rely on DAW software/PC/Mac.
  3. Kev4374

Kev4374 New Member

Gear:
    Sx1
    Thanks for the reply. I have looked at the ones you mentioned. Not what I’m looking for. It wouldn’t have to be Tascam. I would consider anything, but I would want an all in one solution like the SX1. I don’t ever want a DAW running through a computer ever again. Too many issues.
  4. cmaffia

cmaffia Moderator Staff Member

Queens, New York
    Gear:
    2 x DM3200, DA-3000
    Then you'll need to get the latest Portastudio.