Are these screen good for the DM-4800 ?

I have that problem on screen with those dead lines after search on int ebay and read here on forum i find cheap solution on aliexpress and for me working great but the problem is that the flet cable on this one is without conector actualy cable is on the board and is very short you must to change with that one in the mixer but for 55 $ is not to big problem :) and there is the link
100% New replacement for MG3224C3-SBF 5.7" LCD DISPLAY PANEL MG3224C3 SBF
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/UU78fJ6

Reactions: Peter Batah
For me at the moment the best and cheap solution nevermind if he become dead again because for that money i will bay 3 :) i will send the picture later

And here is the aliexpress screen :)

Attachments

• 20180923_153356.jpg
    20180923_153356.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Peter Batah
@nikola What is the Aliexpress link tho that display. Thank you

@nikola So the cable that is surface mounted on screen purchased from Aliexpress isn’t long enough? So how did you modify the existing cable? Desoldered original and soldered the one provided by Tascam?

Yes the cable is short but i replace with original provided by tascam,and for information that cable 10 pcs of them with 100 sm length is 3 $ :)

I bought one of the muzikelektronik screens linked in the first post back in July. It has worked well for me, though I'd note:
1) It's a slightly smaller size to the original. The ebay seller ships some washers to help hold it in place with the original screw mounts. It's a bit of a hack but it works fine.
2) The power connector is different to the original Tascam one and you have to pull your original socket off the circuit board to make it fit. I think I used a glue gun to hold it in place.
3) The image is a bit better than the original screen but still has a "fading" effect over large areas of black.

The seller does seem to have some issues though!
I originally asked the seller about this screen back in October 2016 and he sent some information over. I left it for a while as my screen was still usable. When I got round to buying it the seller had blocked my eBay account! I had to buy it as an eBay guest. I imagine he'd be a nightmare if something went wrong.

After all that I have read it's a no-brainer for me. I would go with the 2seemy solution. I prefer to keep my life simple if at all possible. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread

Last edited:
Agree with Peter. I’ve done the same with both my consoles.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.