Best Way To Integrate DM-3200 and Outboard Hardware?

JHTorch

Veteran
From
New York City
Website
falafelmafianyc.blogspot.com
Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
I have done a setup of using some of my outboard hardware with my DAW (in this case Cubase 8) using the External Effects page within the VST Connections dialog box. We've been using our Lynx Aurora 8 for the I/O between the hardware and the DAW. Works well. We've connected the assignable outs of the DM to the one of the patchbays though I have yet to test it. (I'm sure it will be fine).

However, my question is whether there is a better way to integrate (or supplemental) outboard with the Firewire card on the DM than just using the assignable I/O? I'm thinking of using the M/L channels as the returns from the analog hardware and having the AUX channels as the sends to the outboard. I read in the manual that the Mic/Line I/O's can only be used as returns if the source is something other than mic or line.

Any thoughts?

http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/connecting-out-board-gear.2721/

In one of my post I got a lot of helpful feedback I'd like to thank everybody who was involved. In my attempt to add link above if for whatever reason it does not work, you can find it listed on page 7. Also I'd like to add the posts from Audiowave lead me to possibilities in connecting my outboard gear. I hope this helps with some of your question. and I hope that in your reply we can get some more feedback and gain some more knowledge.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.