Brighter Days (gospel-tinged type of ballad) on Tascam DP-03SD

Reactions: -mjk- and ButchA
Dad was military. Y’ever bump into those girls??;):p

Unfortunately, they were about as far away from Boston as one could get.

Reactions: shredd and ButchA
Great job Butch; the recording quality is very impressive and I love the minor chords in the chorus. Would have liked more but this will be down to your final arrangement.
My 2c would be to tweak the timing slightly. I loaded the tracks onto my system and found that shifting the guitar-4 track about 80ms earlier tightened it up better for me, although I appreciate this is a matter of taste :) (... and now I've just spotted that you said you may redo the drum track anyway, this won't be a problem)
Also tried shifting mandorhy-5 and/or pianobass-3 about 20ms earlier but not sure on this one.
Should be a great song when vocals are added.

Last edited:
Update one more time.... Disregard track #3 in the Google Drive folder for "Brighter Days". I just uploaded Track #6 (Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard in normal Grand Piano mode and nothing else). Took me a few attempts playing the piano with headphones plugged into my Tascam DP-03SD, and listening to the other tracks, and recording track #6 correctly. I hope I got it right...

Reactions: shredd
One more thing.... I've been PM'ing with @shredd quite a lot over this. He is right in that it needs "something" in between the main verse/chorus, verse/chorus, type of basic concept.

But what?

I just love how a person (me) comes up with something, gets others to help lyrically (my two lady school bus driver friends), and little by little a song develops, from my melodies I heard in my head, along with the ladies' positive vibe, type of "keep your chin up", stay strong and that there will always be Brighter Days ahead. One thing led to another, and I started recording it on my Tascam DP-03SD.

The main reason I absolutely love Tascam Forums is that I can be myself, and upload things, share things, download things, etc... Musically collaborate with others, who share the same idea and/or concept in where the musical piece may go. Get others involved, and then, internationally: We all collaborate on a song! :cool:

Reactions: -mjk- and BazzBass
@ButchA, if I may, I suggest that you start a DM conversation with everyone who has offered to collaborate on this tune. Having all the suggestions and comments in a single forum will make things much easier to coordinate.

Reactions: ButchA
Yes it is a cool way to make music.

I'm in two bands and am recording both, so have over 50 songs already to mixdown, and I am really loving collaborating with @shredd on an old song of his mate's. It's really fun trying to put a song together from across the big pond, he is in Colorado, I'm in South Australia. The time difference of 17 hours actually helps, while he's in bed I'm coming up with basslines, then he'll come up with a guide track so my drummist can lay a good bed for us to start adding bits to. But my drummist is so in demand I have to book an hour of his time here and there lol. Sorry, @shredd lol I know we will get there. I'm loving the process and that I have made a significant friendship from 'just' a forum about gear.....

so I must also thank the mods and admins for keeping this old thing going :)

PS @ButchA if you ever need some boring basslines to any of your songs, I'm happy to have a go, can't guarantee that it will be good though lol

Reactions: -mjk- and ButchA

New threads

Members online

No members online now.