Cannot get any audio out through the KRK

shirak

From
The Netherlands
Gear owned
TASCAM DM3200
Hi all,

Since yersterday, I am a pround owner of a DM 3200. I have the following situation/issue.

from Keyboard (korg) -> Line IN (Channel 1 and 2)
from CR (Balanced) -> KRK speakers.

I do get signal into the mixer, but I dont hear anything thourgh out the speakers. I assume I configured something wrong..

Routing:
INPUT: M\L 1 to 8
Layer select: CH 1-16
Source select: M\L

OUTPUT: Digital out
Stereo-L
Stereo-R

Thank you.
Shirak

The digital output is the wrong output choice (that is for the digital RCA and/or the digital XLR outputs). The CR outputs are analog.

Thank you Gerk. Is there an existing post about this issue, or can you provide a solution to my issue? I have tried other Terminal selects without any succes.

Do you have the stereo button active for the channels you want to listen to? That directs them to the stereo output. It's about two inches left of the display top side.

Also just checking that you have the CR volume turned up (it's at the top right of the board). Mine is currently powered down as I'm still in the middle of a move so I can't verify what the output routing should say ... but you definitely need to be going on the standard analog outputs (and not the digital ones) -- both in the software and on the hardware itself (i.e. make sure your speakers are plugged into the CR outputs and not the digital XLR outputs).

Just in case, use these outputs (in the picture I attached). Other than that I can't verify the software patch until my board can be fired up (which won't be for another week at least :( )

Also make sure that you are set to a proper clock source (probably internal) and that you're at an appropriate sampling rate, because that could also be why you're not hearing output.

Attachments

• tascam_dm3200_3.jpg
    tascam_dm3200_3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
Or if you are using the CR outputs use the ones right beside them (that are labelled CR Output). Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Yes it works :), I forgot to turn the CR volume knob up .. lol. The CR outputs works just fine.

Ok I am facing another issue here. There is allot of latency present when playing from the keys.. Did I forget something?

If you're simply going in at channels 1 and 2 and out at CR outputs (without a DAW routed inbetween, that is) there should be no latency whatsoever. The AD-DA for a digital mixer is typically < 1 ms. The only thing that can cause this within the mixer is a (inadvertently) set channel delay. Look under the DIGI. TRIM/DLY screen, tab CH DELAY.

Thank you Arjan. It worked. I dont know why the master dealy was adjusted to 120. But I turned down to 0 and I have now no latency.

'MASTER DELAY' is the next tab in the same screen. It also concerns buses and auxes.

New threads

Members online