Channel meters post-fader? Model12

markhhhhh

Gear owned
dp24sd, dp03sd
Hey there, not sure if I'm missing something on my Model 12... During playback, live or whatever, I can change the display by pressing the METR function button (Meters) to see a per channel level meter.. this cycles between MTR RETURN, LIVE INPUT and PC RETURN. What I was expecting to see was an option to see levels per channel POST channel fader, i.e. the levels per channel of my final mix. Instead I seem to see levels per channel from the MTR recording.

Whilst I am using my ear to set channel faders during my mixing, I was hoping (and expecting) to also be able to see a visualisation of the impact of my faders on output levels per channel.

I hope that made sense - any ideas? am I missing something?

Hello @markhhhhh ,
with SOLO INPLACE you can select one or more channels to monitor both on headphones and LED meter at mix level (AFL). Go to menu MIXER / SOLO and select INPLACE, then use Solo buttons to pick the instrument you wish to monitor in detail.
There is currently one drawback regarding this option, pressing AFL in the FX section prevents from hearing the SOLO bus. This bug has been noticed from firmware 1.30 and Tascam hasn't fixed it yet. See TASCAM Model 12 | In-Place Solo and AFL Bug Report

Thanks for taking the time but that is not quite what I am trying to achieve... I want to see where each channel is peaking whilst they are all playing, i..e like the levels / meter view in the main display window, but POST fader... the levels that do show are the multi track recorder levels as originally recorded... e.g. if I mute channels or reduce slider it has no impact on the levels being shown on the channels meter view . I want to see levels per channel post fader, not just the post fader stereo mix levels or the 10 channels pre fader. It would be a visual aid to show how the individuals channels sit together with each other in my final mix. I know I should be using my ears but this would supplement that. I don't think it is possible but it just seems like obvious functionality to me.

That function is not implemented. Anyway you have to rely on your ears during the mix and keep an eye at the overall level, it's all you really need to make music.

• Love
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.