Compatible PCI-E Firewire Card

simspider

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hi,

I have just built a new PC using an ASUS P9X79 mobo which unfortunately doesn't come with built in FW so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a PCI-E Firewire Card that is known to be compatible with the DM3200 IF-FW/DM MKII? PCI isn't an option as there are no PCI slots on this mobo either

Thanks

I upgraded last month to a sweetwater creation station which came with a PCI FW card.. which seems to work fine even though the other PCI slots didn't like my UAD 1 card. So out of curiosity I purchased:

DP FireWire PCIe (VIA chipset) [SIIG model NNE20022S1] - Works fine no issues

and

SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe (TI chipset) (NN-E20012-S2) - Works fine no issues.

In fact if you want to buy either one from me let me know as I am not using them and they are brand new and used only for testing purposes.

Reactions: Darryn
Great that's good to know, I had to order one anyway and I found one with a VIA VT6315 chipset so hopefully that will suffice, should be here tommorrow, if it doesn't work I'll go for the SIIG

thanks for the input

I know this is an old thread but I'm building a new PC and need a PCIe FireWire card. Both recommended SIIG cards are impossible to buy in my country (Australia). Amazon sell it but charge $90US for shipping alone! Can anyone suggest another good reliable PCIe card preferably with the TI chipset? Thanks in advance.

Wow, its 2022, G'day folks! I know this is an old thread but it is what I found searching the forums for awhile. I hope its still active. I'm upgrading/moving from my MacBook pro into a custom built PC running windows 10. I previously used the mac, Firewire MKii, dm3200 setup, running protools 10

Now with this new PC I'm Looking at a suitable PCIe slot for connectivity with the DM. These two links below seem to be the contenders, but I'm not 100% sure if they will be compatible with the Firewire MKii / DM3200. Can anyone here confirm these will be suitable? Huge thanks in advance!

https://www.startech.com/en-gb/cards-adapters/pex1394b3

Or

https://www.siig.com/dp-firewire-800-pcie.html

New threads

Members online

No members online now.