Soundaholic
From
Montreal, Canada
Website
www.cafejoya.com
Gear owned
DM4800 / MU1000
Good day all.

I would like to connect my DM to a Behringer Powerplay Pro-XL HA4700 headphone amplifier.

I see that the HA4700 has both balanced 1/4" and XLR connectors.

HA4700.jpg

What is the recommended way of doing this. If 1/4" is the widely used method, I did come across this product from Hosa and was wondering if I was on the right path. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Peter

http://hosatech.com/product/hss-000/

Last edited:
I have the same HA4700 and have it connected with the balanced jacks also. Works great!

Thank you Arjan. So 1/4" TRS is the way to go then. We cannot use XLR is that my understanding? Oh, and silly question. Would I need two cables into the Behringer?

No, you can certainly use the XLRs as well - just use what you have available. I don't remember why I use jacks, probably cause I had those snakes available. And yes, you will need two mono (balanced) wires going into the HA4700 for stereo sound.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Sorry for the all the silly questions @Arjan P . I just want to be absolutely clear so I know what I'm buying.

1) When you say that I can use XLR. Do you mean that the cable should have 1/4" TPR on one end and XLR on the other?

or

2) XLR at both ends.

3) When you say "two mono (balanced) wires going into the HA4700 for stereo sound" Do you mean that I would need one wire coming out of assignable send 1 and the other from assignable send two into the Behringer Main In L & Main In R

Dumb questions, I know. My apologies

Last edited:
No worries Peter, asking questions is what this forum is for.
1) or 2) both are true. There will be two balanced mono signals going from the DM to the HA4700, and the XLR's contacts 1, 2 and 3 are the same as the TRS contacts on a stereo jack (not necessarily in that order).
3) Yep, that's right.

New threads

Members online