Control Room/Listen Bus in Cubase 6.07

CrossEyedHenry

From
Northern Kentucky, USA
Gear owned
DM-4800
Hi,
This is a question for those DM-4800 users Control Room feature in Cubase 6.07 Windows (7) version. I've set my VST Connections under the Studio tab as Out1 and Out2 under the Monitor 1 L & R. Audio device is ASIO IF-FW/DM mk II. My question is why am I still hearing other playback channels bleed thru when I select the "L" listen bus for a particular channel? On my Windows laptop whenever I choose the listen bus for a particular channel I only hear that channel, there's no bleed thru of other channels. Any suggestions ? Could there be a setting on the DM that I'm missing? Thanks in advance for any help. CEH

Anyone ? Thanks for your help ? CEH

As a Cubase 7.5 user, I've yet had the time to dabble with the Control Room feature. You probably could ask the same question on Steinberg's Forum.

I think I actually found the answer in the Cubase manual. Imagine that !!?? :) I know I looked in this section of the manual, but must've skipped right over it the first time thru. In the Control Room Mixer section it says: The Listen Dim Level control adjusts the volume of the Main Mix when channels have been put in Listen mode. This allows you to keep listen-enabled channels in context with the Main Mix. If the Listen DIM level is set to minus infinity, you will only hear the listen-enabled channels. Any other setting leaves the Main Mix at a lower level. Wow....they can't spell it out any clearer than that !! I hope this helps someone who might have a similar setup. Thanks again. CEH

Personally, I never bothered with the Control Room in Cubase - I don't see what it would add to the DM itself for controlling listening etc. But if there are good reasons to do so, I'm listening..

New threads

Members online

No members online now.