Converting 2488 backups to wav or new DP24 files

Randy Turner

Gear owned
2488neo, dp24sd, dp01
I'll assume the quick answer is "you can't there from here." I *had* a 2488 that burned up and then bought a new DP24. Everything's fine - DP24 is great. But I do have two songs from the old 2488 that were backed up to multiple CDs that I'd like to recover. Obviously, each file with (name) and .001 or .002 etc.

I don't see a way for the DP24 to import or even recognize those 2488 backups. So I'm asking if anyone knows how to "unpack" those 2488 backup files to the respective wavs.

thnx...

Randy

Randy, you said you had them backed up on CDs. It's there any reason you can't make .wav files from the CD and import them to the DP? If you have an actual DP-24 with the CD burner, it couldn't be simpler since there is an import from CD function.

Well, that's exactly my issue - the backup utility on the 2488 created a proprietary file - one that I don't know how to open (or if it can be opened with another 2488). There are no accessible wavs in these backups.

Reactions: -mjk-
@Randy Turner it looks like there just might be a way to do it, that is if you can somehow access the hard drive from the 2488.

Well, the hard drive on the 2488 was toast. All I have is these collections of CD's with their 001 and 002.... files. I think I'm at a dead end....

Reactions: -mjk-
Randy, don't give up yet! If you can get the old hard drive hooked up to your computer perhaps through a USB port (maybe an external case?), a Linux recovery disk may enable you to recover all the data and it's free! Once I recovered the contents of an entirely dead 500 GB hard drive that my Windows machine wouldn't even recognize was there! The Linux recovery disk made a clone on a new drive and it was perfect. It took four or five days to do it though, but I just let it run and it was like magic.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.