Correct DP-24SD power adapter?

Curtis Fisher

Gear owned
Tascam Dp-24
My adapter seems to have gone missing (right as I had a session booked and ready to record!), and going through the manuals online I am getting two models, one being the GPE248-120200-Z and the other being the PS-P1220E. Which is the correct one?

Also, I had an adapter for my old, now discontinued, DP-24 w/ the CD burner and the actual power plug from that one doesn't fit into the current DP-24SD model, the barrel is too large. I'm guessing they made the barrel at the end smaller, because none of my random power adapters plug into the unit either. That one also has a power brick attached to it, and I can't remember if the current DP-24SD power supply is a wall wart or has a power brick. I don't want to waste money in buying the wrong one.

Looking forward to any replies, I am in a time crunch! Thanks!

There was a similar issue a while back. If you do a search using the adapter number the thread should pop right up.

I have, but none of those threads mention the different diameters of the two different DP-24SD models, of which I've both had and know that the diameters of the end of the plugs are different, not the length, which people seem to be having issues with. The links provided in the threads for the power supplies look like the larger, older model power supplies that don't fit the current model's power input.

I'm not paying $49 for a proprietary TASCAM power supply. Are they f***ing nuts?

My adapter seems to have gone missing...and going through the manuals online I am getting two models, one being the GPE248-120200-Z and the other being the PS-P1220E. Which is the correct one?

Since no one else seemed to know the answer to this, I took the trouble to contact TASCAM support on Sunday (8/18/19). TASCAM support replied Monday 8/19/19 (an immediate turn around - impressive).

For the DP-24SD and DP-32SD:
"The GPE248-120200-Z was the original adapter that came with the unit. The PS-P1220E is the currently available adapter."

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Thank you so much! I've never had much luck in getting responses from them so I appreciate your help. I'll contact them about the diameters because like I said, they came in two different sizes.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.