Creating Mixes from Songs Tracked by Other Studios

... I used RX 10 Advanced on every single track to balance the performances. The basic techniques that I used were:
RX 10 Leveler module to set the clip gain of all the instruments and vocals tracks for consistency...The room ambient mics were not used. The room is not-so-good sounding, IMO...I gated the drum tracks except the overheads (obviously)...etc.
Thanks for the mixing details, mj. Lots of good info there.
Mark, I appreciate your feedback very much.
You're most welcome.:)

Reactions: -mjk-
Nice job MJ. As mentioned, a completely different take on it.

Thanks Phil. I didn't attempt to preserve any of the original feel or sonics of the tracks. I mixed it as I would any other job and did what I thought the tune needed.

SoundCloud has a hard road ahead because I think most people view it as a repository for music files, just like Postimage other file hosting sites, rather than a streaming service. They have a Pro version that allows one to monetize their songs but I do not get significant airplay there. However, this mix I just did got over 300 plays in < 1 hour, and how it has well over 500 plays, so go figure. SoundCloud might be a good place for discovery however. It remains to be seen. They also have a distribution system sort of like Distrokid but one must be careful of duplicating store placements.

Just played David Porter's 'Silent Night' from 3 years ago. What a wonderful bit of guitar playing - a complete contrast to the rock styles, but equally as impressive.

Yes, @David Porter's great. Too bad he's too busy to make more!

Nice job MJ. As mentioned, a completely different take on it.
Had forgotten we've all been on Soundcloud for ages! Just played David Porter's 'Silent Night' from 3 years ago. What a wonderful bit of guitar playing - a complete contrast to the rock styles, but equally as impressive.

Thanks Phil. I appreciate your kind words.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.