JHTorch

Veteran
From
New York City
Website
falafelmafianyc.blogspot.com
Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
Yesterday my partner picked up 3 TDIF snakes to allow 24 channels of digital i/o with the MOTU 2408 MkII with the DM. The DM is the clock master. Tracks played from Nuendo and we saw and heard signal going into the MOTU (via the MOTU's headphone jack) but heard nor saw nothing in the DM. We are routing the TDIF1 to Busses 1-8. Any ideas?

As always, suggestions are strongly appreciated. Before leaving, my partner suggested that we have to go to the assign page. We have yet to try this. Is he on the right track (no pun intended, but acknowledged)?

Any and all channels destined to be heard in the mix have to be assigned to the Stereo Bus (button atop mixer's upper left side.)

CaptDan

Yes, that's how it was routed. TDIF to the Buss1 In and Buss1 Out to the stereo master buss. Also tried the Buss Direct. Nothing. To make sure that we were routing correctly, I reconnected the Lynx's analog's outs to M/L channels 1-2, assigned it to Buss1 In and Buss1 Out to Stereo master, got sound from Buss1 to the Master Bus.

On the Digital screen / Format tab in the TDIF I/O table - when you select "Detail" does it show signal coming from the device connected to the TDIF ports?

Do you have the Tx/Rx speed set correctly at the bottom of that table?

Silly question, but check you have the ins connected to the outs and the outs connected to the ins?

On the Digital screen / Format tab in the TDIF I/O table - when you select "Detail" does it show signal coming from the device connected to the TDIF ports?

No, at no time did we have any indication that signal was coming in.

Do you have the Tx/Rx speed set correctly at the bottom of that table?

The Tx/Rx speed (which I assume means "transmit/return" said "normal." However, I did not see any way of changing this.

Silly question, but check you have the ins connected to the outs and the outs connected to the ins?

Yes, we checked it over and over. That's why we were so exhausted with the ordeal.

No, at no time did we have any indication that signal was coming in.

If the device is passing traffic you should see it visible there.

The Tx/Rx speed (which I assume means "transmit/return" said "normal." However, I did not see any way of changing this.

If you use the arrow keys to move the cursor down to highlight the Tx/Rx speed you can change it with the jog wheel. There options are normal and high-speed. I suspect this is where your problem lies.

Yes, we checked it over and over. That's why we were so exhausted with the ordeal.

I can relate to that ;-)

If the device is passing traffic you should see it visible there.

If you use the arrow keys to move the cursor down to highlight the Tx/Rx speed you can change it with the jog wheel. There options are normal and high-speed. I suspect this is where your problem lies.

I can relate to that ;-)

That was the thing, it appeared as if the DM's TDIF ports were not seeing the stream. When we hooked up the BNC cables to the WC, we were finally able to make the DM a slave but still no audio. Comparable results (or lack thereof) with ADAT except the sync would draft in and out. I'm thinking that it may be an issue of having to update the drivers for the MOTU because we hadn't used it in a while (at least 1 year).

Just waiting for an appointment call! Pizza good - yum.

New threads

Members online