DM-4800 not locking to Pro Tools

Reaper has unlimited track count which none of the others seem to match.
Cubase has that for sure, and I can't imagine Nuendo not having it. FWIW ofcourse, because 'unlimited' doesn't really exist - your computer power is always the deciding factor there.

Reactions: Drumstruck
I should have also mentioned that the other reason PTHD9+ runs out of CPU is that the settings for RTAS - the CPU setting is always set too high. People are giving more resources to their plugins than the core program (even if they are aren't using any RTAS plugins).

I say use Reaper to get your work done if that's that mean thing. Maybe Cubase or Ableton may work for you, but now you will have a new learning curve.

Good luck.

Of course, you are right Arjan, I should have said that Reaper itself does not have a track limit.

And you are also right Ernie, however, I don't use any plugins and have the CPU set for maximum program core usage (and have tried all variations in the fruitless chase for stability and performance).

Fortunately, I've been using Reaper in parallel with PT for some years, so am moderately familiar with it and have got the interface looking pretty - will post some pics later.

I'm really not interested in learning another DAW s/w - I've also just dumped Wavelab as I can do everything I need with my DM + DVR1000HD + outboard + Reaper.

I'm pretty happy to be downsizing and streamlining my setup atm - the DM remains the centrepiece of my setup - fwiw if I did go to a different DAW it would be Samplitude.

fwiw if I did go to a different DAW it would be Samplitude.

Well, in that case, save your money and just get Sequoia! You'll be BEYOND complete and advanced! $3k in the hole, but that will be the last hole you'll dig.

Yes sir!!

Ha! If I had a spare 3K I'd rather grab my Mrs and jump on a jet to Queens. I'd even have enough spare change to shout us all a hogie at the caravan outside the Quality Inn (if it's still there) :)

What's in Queens?

Hey I'm in Queens. One of my favorite Boroughs!

I can't even get Tascam to come up on those pages, am I missing a driver or something?

I know, I was actually referring to those guidelines you were talking about, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you mean by 'can't get Tascam to come up on those pages.' Are you saying you don't see the DM/FWMKII device in your ASIO menu? If so, your Firewire Card is likely not installed as it should be.

Please clarify.

CaptDan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.