DM-4800 with low output

brian_ValveRocker98

Gear owned
DM-4800
I have searched the forums and found a couple of posts that seem similar. Those threads are nearly 10 years old and all pointed toward sending in the unit for factory repair.

I inherited this console recently - I have factory reset and learned about routing. I get plenty of signal into the channels but the main L/R outputs simply don't have nearly half the signal I would expect. Thus its pretty unusable for a live situation.

Hoping there might be a DIY work around or repair I can attempt (I am handy with an iron and have an EE background)

If there were a schematic of the output stage (that I have read about being an issue with others which quasi seems to be my issue) that would be great. Or any other ideas for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

Hey there,

I don’t have any experience w the issue u describe, but you might find this link useful if you haven’t already seen it.

very best luck!

Under the 'Documentation and Manuals' you can find lotsa stuff. The schematics are also linked in this topic (scroll down to post #16):
https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/service-manuals.55/
(I'm doing it like this so the original poster gets credit for supplying the link)

Thank you I will certainly save these files. I have a few friends with the tools to troubleshoot at the component level.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.