DM3200 aux routing

Dan Knight

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered in the past but need a quick answer. Is it possible to re route aux channels 5 - 8 to function as standard auxiliary outs rather than being routed to the internal effects? If not, is it possible instead to send the effects in mono rather than stereo? Need to free up some channels for monitor mixes.

Thanks,
Dan

IIRC, this is not possible. Even if it was, it wouldn't help you since there are only four physical ASN outs on the DM3200, so you're limited to two stereo or four mono signals anyway. But indeed you can send four mono signals.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Really Arjan?
I would be surprised with that limitation as you can have more physical outputs with the AN/DN option card option card or any sound Card via adat or tdif...
If you decide to not use any internal fx it should be possible like with the DM24
I need to check that

Well, ofcourse with optional cards you can route anything you like, but my answer (IIRC..) was based on that I seem to remember that AUX 5-8 are simply not assignable anywhere else but the internal effects. I'll have to check.

I would be surprise too, in that case they would have called it Aux fx 1 etc..

So I tested it and it's like I thought.

In routing section you can:
-assign Aux 1-8 to the outputs you want: asn send out or option card or tdif or adat etc
-For effect 1 & 2 you can choose separately (FX1 L, FX1 R, FX2 L, FX2 R) whatever Aux 1-8 (or no Aux at all) you want or any bus even ST bus,.

In Effect section you can choose if you want each FX as stereo or mono (L)

Good to know, I stand corrected. The DM is even more flexible than I thought!

So to get back to the OP, you'll need to use either TDIF/ADAT or an optional card to make maximum use of the 8 mono or 4 stereo (or any combination thereof) AUX sends.

Reactions: Dan Knight

New threads

Members online

No members online now.