DM3200 With Mu-1000

Mahmoud

Gear owned
Dm3200 With Mu-1000
I Have Dm3200 With Mu-1000 Meter
Iam Connecting Dm3200 With Usb Cable And Using It As Controller And It Works Great
I have HD Native Thunderbolt With Hd Omni

I Want To know How To Make Mu-1000 Work With Protools And What is Missing In My Connection Because It's Not Showing Any Thing

Iam Not Connecting Any Cable in Dm3200 Only Usb Cable And Usb Midi Cable

The meter bridge only works with the console itself, it seems like you're trying to use it as a remote meter bridge for inside of pro tools, which it is not capable of doing as far as I know.

The only way to do what your expecting is if you mix outside the box and use your DM as the mixer.

The meter bridge only works with the console itself...

With the exception that If you have the IFFW card installed and use it as the selected audio interface in your DAW, you can then route IFFW ASIO channels to DM channels which will then show audio levels on the meter bridge.

Thank you for your reply

As AudioWave stated, you can do this via FireWire. More specifically, here's my approach:

Being as most of my recordings are original compositions of myself sequentially playing each instrument with the occasional addition of one or more friends, I'm usually recording small channel counts, between 1 and 16 tracks at a time, though I can go up to 32. The DM-4800 has 64 channels, 48 of which are full-blown with EQ, compression, etc. My mixer and/or a Focusrite interface provide 24 channels into my DAW (PT v12.x). When in Play mode, I route the output of those tracks, up to 24 channels, into tracks 25 - 48 of the DM. When I select those tracks (25 - 48 ) on the meter bridge, it displays them when in play on PT.

Interestingly, I tend to notice problems more easily when I see them on the meter bridge itself rather than on the mixer screen of PT. This could be because the meter bridge provides a less cluttered display than the mixer screen, or possibly because I'm old school and started in analog years ago and am used to monitoring the bridge. Regardless, it has and continues to work well for me.

I hope this helps by providing one approach you can try.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.