DM4800 adat inputs

nflyte

From
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gear owned
DM4800 with IF-FW/DMmkll,
I'm considering using my adat for an extra 8 inputs with the new Clarett OctoPre which is capable of sending 24-bit 192kHz A-D conversion on the inputs, the Clarett OctoPre features eight channels of D-A for expanding the number of outputs in your studio. I would think the answer to my queston is no but will the DM4800 recognize the 24-bit 192kHz signal and send it to my DAW or will I be limited to the 44.1 0r 48 that the DM4800 provides at the adat. Any suggestions on this or solutions from other directions would be great. Thank you.

It's not the DM, but the ADAT protocol simply does not cater for anything else but 44.1/48 kHz. I have a sort of similar setup with a Presonus DigiMax connected to ADAT IN, but will only use it when I really need the extra inputs. Simply because it will force you to set the whole board at 44.1 or 48 kHz.

Actually, the built in ADAT on the DM4800 will handle 88.2 and 96 KHz via SMUX, which of course cuts your ADAT channel capacity in half. Still, it does work.
The ADAT slots, however, are limited to 44.1/48 KHz as Arjan has stated.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.