DM4800, Cubase 12, Windows 11

Domino

Gear owned
DM4800 US1800 US144mk2
If this has been asked I apologize
My previous system crashed (Windows XP, Cubase 7pro DM4800 firewire) and Ive had to go to a Windows 11 machine. Ive upgraded to Cubase 12 as well. The current issue is that Im getting all windows sounds through the DM4800 firewire, device manager shows the firewire card working but Cubase only gives me the option for a generic ASIO.
What am I doing wrong?

When I went from Cubase 11 to 12, somehow the remotes did not copy to 12 and I didn't even see any 'legacy devices'. BTW, Cubase 12 considers Mackie Control a legacy device, since Cubase is starting to use a new MIDI Controller system.

What you wanna check: Go to Studio Setup, and there under 'Remote Devices (Legacy)' there should be three Mackie Controls for the DM4800 - or you should add them and follow the instructions for installation like in older Cubase versions. Hope this helps!

What's Cubase? :p. It's been 8 years this month since I wrote and recorded ANYTHING. My studio is something I pass when doing laundry and changing the litter box. Waaaaahhhh!!!!

Reactions: mixerizer
Hey Charlie, shame on you!
No, good to see you back here, but is there also a change in that 'something you pass'? Forget laundry, make some music! ;)

Hey there cmaffia - hope to see (and hear) you more around here! Lots of yours’ and others’ great posts helped me get my setup squared away so thanks!

Reactions: Headroom
I'm still here! Going Strong! Screen on the DM has a few lines but I have a spare in the attic. Still feel the DM was way ahead of its time.. can't find anything that can touch it at the price. AND, I'm actually using it for ATMOS mixing. Works great at a fraction of what's out there today. I'm probably gonna buy a bunch more just to stash.

Now the issue is Cubase is only showing 8 inputs/outputs on the firewire card!

New threads

Members online