DM4800 Studio Desk

Lovely build! Has anyone else had a go at building their own furniture? It's something I'd like to do one day. If anyone has any drawings/measurements I'd love to see them!

Reactions: Drumstruck
Last edited:
Arjan - Yeah man - I love it!

Reactions: Arjan P
Here is my custom build.

Its changed a bit since these photos as I have added heaps of rack gear. Got some before and after pics in there also so you can see initial construction. It was a fun project and well worth the time to have a one off build. But it does consume your time for while...I found planing was the key - Success is the residue of preparation!

I think I have more photos on my site www.qualifiedsound.co.nz.photo.JPGIMG_0099.JPG IMG_0098.JPG IMG_0493.JPG IMG_0501.JPG IMG_0495.JPG

Nice Studio Arjan! Thanks for sharing the video.

Are those some new pics of your desk Gary? You're right on with the planning. I spent about 40 hours doing a 3D model of my desk. I've uploaded some plans of the build.

Attachments

• JH version Argosy DM_4800 2.jpg
    JH version Argosy DM_4800 2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 53
  • JH version Argosy DM_4800.jpg
    JH version Argosy DM_4800.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: percyt and Arjan P
No, Ive been lazy and haven't done any new pics, I should since I have more gear in it but just keeps slipping my mind. Good 3D models there. They really help in figuring out what you want to do etc.

Juzz that looks great! Did you use CAD for the 3D model? Would you be willing to share the file if so?

Fair enough! I had a look at sketch up. Seems fairly easy to use! Infact I just used it to build a cabinet for my reel to reel! So thanks Juzz!

New threads

Members online