Dm4800 tdif to motu 112d 112x112 aes/ebu digital

Thanks
I switched to digital performer and I had it working for a while.
Will attack this again another time, I will get it!!!

Reactions: mixerizer
Definitely! Glad to hear. Also make sure u bring the master fader down on the board when y r swapping stuff, and remember when it’s down, so u don’t make crazy pops that can damage your gear.

Reactions: CopyRon
would you suggest DM or 112D as clock source?

I would say 112d should be clock master - especially if u r also using slots on the Dm or more than one MOTU device connected w AVB. The Dm should be set to word, and u can connect the 112d to the if-ae (set to word) to the Dm via the bnc (or try leaving the if- out of the bnc loop and setting it to tdif or aes 1-2).

Last edited:
OK
Got all three if passing recording to and from DM, blayer 1-24 acts as input levels to mic pres.
Reomote layer works as output levels from computer.
Still can't get time display on DM, levels on meter bridge do not work in remote level, and shouldn't I be able monitor output levels on layer 25-48.
Thanka again for your help!!

Awesome. MOTU AES to and from TDIF was your big technical issue and I’m glad you solved it!

Other stuff seems the straightforward usual stuff - more about your routing, use of layers, and your DAW setup.

Levels on meter bridge don’t show in remote layer (its about controlling the DAW, not passing its audio).

There are a bunch of threads about how to set up time code between logic and the 4800 - make sure u are sending MTC to the DM-4800 on the right port (DIN MIDI or USB) and the MIDI:SETUP configuration has it passing thru, and that your System Time Code is set to MTC(MIDI) or MTC(USB), whichever u choose. Make sure you configure the DM’s MIDI, REMOTE, AUTOMATION, METER and OPTION pages correctly, as well as Logic’s MIDI Sync Preferences.

If your input routing from DAW (MOTU’s “From Computer” is set up properly to come in on channels 25-48, playing back in your DAW should show levels on 25-48.

Last edited:
Got it all working, had to add 24 mono busses to output 24 chanels in Cubase.
Thank you for your help and encourgement!!!!

Woo hoo! Nice job! Glad u worked thru it, enjoy !

New threads

Members online