DP-03SD, bad input?

Jesse331

Gear owned
DP-03SD, DP-008EX
Howdy, folks. I've been using the DP-03SD for about 4 years without any issues. However, several months ago, the Input B seems to have gone out. If I twist the dedicated knob for that input, I hear a crackle and (at best) the channel will record inconsistently, cutting in and out.

I've been using Input A by itself, but if I want to record a guitar and vocal track at the same time, I'm out of luck. I've tried to find solutions to this elsewhere, but the internet hasn't shown me anything specific related to the issue.

I did read something about guitars crackling if there is dust inside the volume knob mechanism. If it's a matter of dusty electronics, I'm not sure who to pay $100+ to dust it for me. I took the back off of the DP-03SD, but that was as far as I was comfortable going at the time.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Maybe this one is done for (seems like a waste and poor value), and I need to buy a new device.
2. Maybe I need to find the right professional to fix it. (Where do you find a person who does this?)
3. Maybe I need to try again to fix it myself. I don't have much to lose.

Any advice is much appreciated. This is my first time posting here, so hopefully I haven't missed anything. Thanks!

Which plug insert are you using.. the 1/4" or XLR? Try switching to see if you can eliminate that as the problem.

I just tested the 1/4" and XLR as well as the built in condenser mic for Input B. They all crackle in and out the same way, unfortunately.

New threads

Members online