Dp 24 vs dp 24sd

mountainrocker

hi guys,
I have an opportunity to purchase my friend’s dp 24. It has been babied, and looks and appears to function as new. I have been out of the recording world for a while but was always a Tascam guy. I have been looking at the 24sd and was looking to get that model. He wants $300 which does not hit me as a bad price.
What do you guys think? I am simply a hobbiest, but appreciate quality audio. The cd, and midi capibilities do not matter to me, but It’s cool that it is there I suppose....... In short, is this older model a good buy.
Thanks for taking the time to read this btw.

Reactions: Steven L. Stevens
I just sold one of my two DP-24's for $300 which I thought was a fair price compared to others I have seen priced from $300-350. If its in good condition and all features work.... sounds like a solid deal.

I paid 300 Euros for a DP-32 and no footswitch. You'd better go for it before it's gone! The MIDI models are highly sought after.

Reactions: mountainrocker
Yeah Mountainrocker... that's a smokin deal - especially if it comes with a RC-3F. There's some benefit to having that older model - in particular, it's got MIDI capability that you don't get with the newer SD model versions - which you are apparently aware of.

I picked up a mint condition original DP-24 for $250.00 earlier this year. I'd already had a backup DP-32SD which I snagged on Stupid Deal of the Day ($395.00) at Musicians's friend. I'm well stocked... you could say.:X3:

Hello folks, I've spilled some liquid into channel fader number 2 on my Tascam DP-24SD

Can somebody please tell me how to remove the top cover in order for me to clean the fader
and spill/

Much Peace, Charles

Charles, If you post a new thread instead of posting in multiple threads on other topics you might get an answer from someone who has actually disassembled a unit. Suggest you do that and delete your multiple posts in multiple unrelated threads.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.