DP-24SD & 32SD Firmware released today

and just for the 24sd atm, despite the previous were updated all on he same day

Is Tascam always so generic in their update notes?

No. Not usually. As I recall... most often they say:

"Operation stability has been improved.".... and also mention several more specific things that were changed/improved/fixed.

so who will try to see if they issued the repeat gap problem? i'm on 32 not sd

Didn't 1.04 have a bunch of problems? Hopefully this fixes them without introducing new problems.

I will just wait and see what others have to say about the update. Im cautious about being on the bleeding edge of new software upgrades with most companies these days.

I will just wait and see what others have to say about the update. Im cautious about being on the bleeding edge of new software upgrades with most companies these days.

Remember - *if* you update firmware and it's problematic - you can always revert back should it become necessary.

Also - I can't remember the specifics now - and I can't remember how important this might be... but it seems to me that with the latest firmware upgrade for the DP-32SD.... many of us were reformatting our cards after the upgrade was installed.

"Remember - *if* you update firmware and it's problematic - you can always revert back should it become necessary."

LOL! Of course , that is a given. Not my first rodeo :)

I updated this morning and used the DP25SD for a few hours. No issue so far. Not sure what this update is for. Also because the former update worked fine too.

Thank you.

Maybe the thread starter can change the title to reflect this.

I upgraded my DP-32 to 1.09. So far, so good. And I did full format the SD card.

"DP-32 to 1.09. So far, so good."

mjk,
The update is only for the 32SD. Installing the SD firmware update may have an adverse impact on the Midi and CD functions of your DP-32.

To get updates for the older DP-24/32, you need to go to the discontinued models section of the TASCAM web site. I think the latest is 1.18 issued May 2018.

Last edited:
And this for the DP-24:
https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/DP-24
v 1.18 May 2018 release date.

And on the US site, it's v1.16 released in 2017.

More weirdness.

I always assumed (foolishly it seems) that the updates were standardized within the models.:cry:

Last edited:
My mistake, I didn’t notice you were referring to the original models and not the SD’s.

Actually guys, it's my fault. I really shouldn't have posted that in this thread because I do not have the SD model. I apologize for the confusion, but it does appear that at least we're now all aware of the various firmware revisions that are scattered throughout the world !

New threads

Members online

No members online now.