DP-24SD Mic PreAmp Inputs

ChrisF

Gear owned
Tascam 38/Tascam Dp-24sd
Howdy,

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if using and external pre-amp before sending the signal to the Dp's inputs make any difference?

Thanks!

Chris

Good question!

My uneducated thoughts. If there is something we don't like about the DP's preamps, it is too bad because we can't bypass them, other than recording elsewhere and importing a track.

I had a question about the quality of the preamps a while back, and there seems to be no complaints about them.

If there is something about an external preamp that you LIKE, use it! I frequently use tube preamps before the DP input in order to get some warmth, some vintage sound or some grit.

It's still a relatively new machine for me and everything sounds pretty clean. Just working out some of the learning curves/limitations. I mostly gave up on tracking with a PC. Particularly because of my hardware and distractions. If I can easily export the tracks for mixing, I'll be happy. That's my next bit of research. That and watching those videos Phil Tipping posted.

Yes. I use a Warm Audio TB12 preamp for some signals going into the DP. It makes a difference - (and sounds great if that's the sound your shooting for).

New threads

Staff online

Members online