DP-24SD Now On Sale -- $100 Off (new)

Old No7

From
Southern Maine
Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
Wow -- $100 less than what I paid just over a month ago...

At the online retailer SW (think "candy-liquid" as a clue to the name).

Old No7

Thanks -- I wasn't sure if naming them violated any rules or not. ;)

Dang, sure wish I'd gotten that price...

Old No7

If you bought it from them, you should ask them for that price.

Man...that's a staggering price difference from the DP32 ($399 vs $649)....just for a handful of extra tracks. I get that the DP32's stereo tracks can be chosen as "stereo" or a single "mono" track....but if you did (for example) configure the DP32 to be like the DP24 (with 12 MONO tracks)...you are left with 6 stereo on the 24 and 8 stereo on the 32. Hard to justify the $250 difference at that point. Maybe a new model coming? I dunno. Cheers.

p.s. I am actually on "old" member (dating back quite a few years). Not sure where all my old posts went (not that there were that many). No worries.

Keep in mind it’s a DP-24, not a DP-24SD. In other words, it’s the older model with MIDI and CD burner. That’s why the price is remarkable; they’re a rare find as it is.

But yes, the DP-24SD has been selling brand new for $399 lately ($100 off), with no corresponding discount for the DP-32SD that I’ve seen. And used they can go for around $300 (the price I got mine for, and it’s perfect!).

I don’t believe a new model is on the way; that’s discussed elsewhere on the board. I just hope these will continue to be available. I’ve completely fallen in love with mine. Mixing is easier on a DAW, but for tracking and getting the creative juices flowing, this is the ticket for me!

Reactions: Old No7 and -mjk-
At one point I was thinking of selling my DP-32 but then I came to my senses.

Reactions: mijama
Keep in mind it’s a DP-24, not a DP-24SD. In other words, it’s the older model with MIDI and CD burner. That’s why the price is remarkable; they’re a rare find as it is
Hi. Sorry...I was referring to the current price difference between the 24sd and 32sd at Sweetwater (and other sites). I realize a CD/Midi equipped DP model is gonna fetch a bit more on Reverb and eBay. The "sd" suffix is something I lazily omit when referring to these units sometimes. Apologies. Still...it is an odd price difference anomally between to the two SD units. Glad yours is working out for you. I was originally leaning toward the 32sd but (given the price difference) think I'm gonna go for the 24sd now. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: mijama
$850 Down Under grrrr we always get ripped off more than the exchange rate would add, and that is a discounted price !. I got the 32sd for $1050 , down from $1499 . And another for one of my bandbuddies hehe

New threads

Members online

No members online now.