DP-24SD: Random noises

asrmusic

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi all,

I've had my DP-24SD for a few years now and love it. Never had any problems with until recently I started getting noises from the machine during playback. These seem to occur at random and are quite ear-splitting and strange - loud sharp pops and crackles and, this morning, a very loud whooshing distorted kind of noise that occurred whilst I was listening back on headphones.

The noises generally seem to have reverb on them - could they be connected to the in-built reverbs I use quite a lot? Anyone have any ideas of what else could be causing them?

Thank you very much.

I would start with pulling the faders for all tracks down to see if the noise is still there. If it is, then there is definitely some fault on your unit. If it disappears, then check which track it comes from.

asrmusic wrote...had my DP-24SD for a few years now... random loud sharp pops and crackles...

Welcome.

Have you updated your firmware to most current version?

Are you using a TASCAM tested/approved SD card?

If not, there's no point going any further just yet trying to resolve your issue.

A quick forum search finds this post re most current firmware:
https://www.tascamforums.com/threads/new-firmware-for-dp24-32-and-dp24sd-32sd.7194/

I suggest reading the Equipment Tips sticky for further information on updating firmware (Post#47) and using approved/tested SD cards (Post#s 28, 38, 40)

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.