Dp-32 backup and restore

DavidC

Gear owned
DP-32
The manual refers in passing to a backup and restore function (Page 76) but I can find no further info and I can't find it in any of the menus.
Is this as simple as copying the files in the 'music' folder over usb? When I tried doing this before the files wouldn't copy reliably and an internet search suggested that the AudioDepot folder was the only one which windows could read due to slightly different formatting.

Can anyone confirm or deny this please?

DavidC

Answering my own question....
I think that the only way to back up and restore is to copy the song folders from within the 'MUSIC' folder on the DP-32 over USB. This doesn't seem to copy all the settings though. for instance the fader positions don't get copied. I know the faders are not motorised but the position on the edit screen does seem to be able to be accessed over MIDI (although I haven't tried it yet) so it could be included in the song file if that is the case.
I have found, however, that removing the card and popping it into my USB card reader on my PC sometimes seems to cause a problem and make the card unreliable. I don't know if this was caused by a faulty card or if the PC slightly alters the formatting of the card in order to read it. Just copying over USB does seem to work fine though.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.