Soundaholic
From
7 miles west of the Middle Of Nowhere
Website
www.soundclick.com
Gear owned
2488's, DP-32 & -008(ex)
Got a strange phenomena to inquire of - anyone ever have this?:

I have my DP-32 Preferences for [Auto Power Save] set to [OFF]...I have the attention span of a fruit fly and I wander in & out of my studio all day long, so I don't want things shutting down in between.

BUT: every once in a while - this has happened about 3-4 times over about a year - the unit will change this setting (all by itself!) to another setting - usually [30 MIN], which I imagine is the default...and I'll drift back into the studio to find the unit has shut itself off.

Anyone???o_O

Reactions: -mjk-
Can you check what happens to that settings when you change between songs?

Reactions: shredd
what happens to that settings when you change between songs
Amazingly - I thought of that…based on @Phil Tipping’s tip about creating a song template, to start each new song w a predetermined set of settings…

I thought perhaps loading a different song might change a [preferences] panel setting???
But it appears to me that the [preferences] panel in the main menu are global/machine settings, not specific to any song, and shouldn’t change when you switch songs.
And, in fact, when I change songs (which I do often), that auto PowerSave setting usually does not change.
It just seems every couple of months, it will suddenly be set from [OFF] to a minute setting, & shut down when left…maybe it’s some weird booting/startup thing??

Very mysterious…o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk- and dctdct
You echoed my understanding @shredd. Sorry but I have no idea on this one.

the [preferences] panel in the main menu are global/machine settings, not specific to any song, and shouldn’t change when you switch songs
Confirmed, @-mjk-

...but still a mystery...I suppose my DP is possessed by the haunted soul of the original owner, who I believe devoted his musical endeavors to recording "Famous Accordion Ballads" and covers of Bud Light beer commercials...:X3:

New threads

Members online