DP-32SD display angle

David Porter

Soundaholic
Gear owned
DP-32SD
So... as we know - Tascam built in some pitch to the display for easier viewing. But I still have to pretty much stand up and look down on it to get a crystal clear view of the display screen.

I'd really like to add some additional (considerable) pitch to the whole machine so I can see the display easily and clearly when just sitting at my desk.

I'm guessing that the pitch of the screen when the machine is sitting dead flat/horizontal is about 22 degrees. I'd like to adjust the attitude of the entire machine so I could get that display closer to about 45 degrees.

Anyone try something like this or have any suggestions?

Did you try adjusting the Contrast, Brightness and Backlight in the preferences? The defaults are respectively 5, 13 and 25 and these values give me a good view at all angles.

Thats a good point , i lowered the desk that i mounted the tascam on, to try and see the user interface more clearly, but it still wasnt enough. Just left it know and adjusted the contrast etc to get a clearer view

Reactions: Steven L. Stevens
I addressed this issue with a similar recorder. The surface already had a lip that went across the front edge. I cut a section of wood 2x4 the width of the unit, and placed it under the back feet. I think I used strips of that rubber shelf liner between desk and wood and between wood and recorder to keep it from moving around.

Were I to do this with the DP, I would cut slots in the lip at the front desk lip to allow the headphone and remote leads to exit.

Thanks for the replies, er'body.

That stand looks like the ticket. Musicians Friend had a 25% off promotional coupon.... so I pulled the trigger.

:)

Reactions: Steven L. Stevens
Great! I really like those stands and they provide exceptional adjustability. Though they do take up some of my limited workspace, I now can't see doing without them. Let us know how they work out for you!

It's as if this stand was meant for the DP24/32. Absolutely perfect. And tilted to my liking for a crystal clear view of the display screen.

Thanks again, Steven!

Attachments

• Tascam stand.jpg
    Tascam stand.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 34
David, that is freakin' awesome :)! Thanks for sharing a pic of your setup. Now don't forget to pick up a cover for your DP (there is always something more to buy) ....LOL!

Reactions: Dunny
Like the idea of a cover i will have to check that out lads

Dunny, I will see where i bought my covers and get back to you. They are great for protecting the sliders from dust and absorb some shock if you accidentally drop something on the top of your DP-x.

I currently have a tea towel over the unit to protect it from dust etc so a proper cover is great idea Steven

Yep, that's the place I got mine from also. I have bought three so far from them for our machines (two DP-24's and a DP-32) and they fit perfectly. If you use it with the OnStage MIX400 stand (David), just open the stand sides a bit wider so it fits around the DP without the side rails interfering with a proper fit. The covers have gone up a bit in price since I bought my last one but it is still a bargain for an elegant solution to protecting your machine. Of course, if on a budget, a towel will work too :)!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.