DP32SD - Punching In and Out

Panos

Gear owned
Tascam DP32SD
Hi Guys

Im new to home recording and im still trying to work out how to use this portastudio. I have recorded a rough version of a song. Does anyone know if its possible to select a small section of a song (perhaps by punching in and out) and apply dynamic effects to just this section and not the whole track i.e raise volume, add reverb etc?

Also if i record a guitar solo between 1:00 and 1:3o during a 5 min song, is there anyway of making the guitar track 5 mins long (whilst keeping the solo where its supposed to be) so that when i upload on to a computer all my tracks for that particular song are in sync?

Regards

Panos.

Welcome to the forum, Panos.

is it possible to select a small section of a song and apply dynamic effects i.e raise volume, add reverb etc to just this section and not the whole track
Yes. But it takes a bit of effort.
Watch Phill Tipping's Video Tutorial #14a Dynamic Effects. link is in the Stickies.

if i record a guitar solo between 1:00 and 1:30 during a 5 min song, is there anyway of making the guitar track 5 mins long (whilst keeping the solo where its supposed to be) so that when i upload on to a computer all my tracks for that particular song are in sync?
Yes.
Audio Depot exports the track as the entire length of the song even if there's only a 30 second part on the track. Watch Phil's Video Tutorial on Import/Export (same link)

FYI, the Stickies at the top of the Forum have a wealth of information about the DP-24/32/SD.
The best way to learn is to start with Phil's free (donations to Phil appreciated) video tutorials.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online