DR 05 instantly switches off when i press "Storage"

Steve Ison

Gear owned
tascam dr 05
Hi, i plug the DR 05 handheld recorder into my laptop to store files but it's suddenly started switching off the instant i press enter on "storage"..I've had this for years & its never done this before..What could be causing this ? Is there anything i can do to store the files i've created on my laptop again ?
Really appreciate any advice, thanks
Should add everything else seems to be working fine..Recording, playback, working off the computers power etc

Probably a dumb question, and a wild guess, but do you have a good set of batteries in the DR 05?

If you are connected to the computer using a usb cable, and the unit is getting power only from usb, it would shut down as soon as you switched the usb select menu from "bus power" to "storage".

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks for the reply..No it works fine from the battery power..Just switches off instantly when i press storage

Are you changing the setting while the recorder is connected to the computer?

Try changing the usb select menu setting to "storage" when the recorder is NOT connected to the computer.
Change the usb setting to "storage", THEN connect the usb cable.

Yes..I didn't even know there was an option to do that without the usb being plugged in & have tried now but can't find one...Its always been an option that's been presented when i plug the usb in...As i said everything's always worked fine for years before with just pressing "storage" when i plug the usb in.....I am using a new usb lead though ( as i lost my old one )...Could that be causing it ? Saying that though, if it was a faulty lead why would it acknowledge its being plugged into the computer by giving me the power/storage options ?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.