DR-44WL Saying Card Full Despite Scores of Hours Remaining

Wotan3000

Gear owned
DR-44WL
Showing 128gb of Recording Space - But Stopping Recording After Less than 2 Hours

The recorder is working very well except for this major issue. I have a 128 gb Patriot memory card, and the DR-44WL does recognize I can record for 59hours in 96/24. The problem is that I hardly get 2 hours of recording in before it says the card is full. If I press record again it shows that there are 58+ hour left, but it then says the card is full again.

The fact that it sees the almost 60 hours available to record leads me to believe the 128gb card is working correctly. Maybe there is another setting or something I can work through. I downgraded the recording to mp3 and show 99:59:99 left at all times, but it stopped after several minutes even at that lower level until I cleared out 25 minutes of 96/24 prior recorded material.

Anyone have any thoughts?

The first thing I'd do is to try another card, and see if it reaches it's full capacity by letting it run in record mode. That's the quickest way to rule out any issues with the DR-44WL.

The other thing that comes to mind would be to insure you have the latest firmware installed, and upgrade it if you do not, but the card would be my first suspect, based on the symptom you're having.

I had the same problem with three separate SD cards and I confirm that it was a bug that got resolved with a firmware update (the problem was addressed with version 1.13).

New threads

Members online

No members online now.