EQ Function

Axe Victim

From
Southern Ontario
Gear owned
DP 24SD
Hello people, perhaps you can answer a question for me.

In my initial recording on my DP24SD, I have used the EQ on each track individually. When get to the mastering phase do I also use the EQ setting again? Does it add on top of the EQ I have used individually? Does it negate the EQ I used before? What does it do at this stage of the recording?
I can't find a definitive answer in the manual.

Thanks.

If you have EQd correctly during mixdown you won't need much afterwards, the same way a well-seasoned meal doesn't need salt or pepper to be added at the table.

Reactions: shredd
It is an EQ module in the Mastering chain. You can use it to tweak the final sound of the Master. It works like any other EQ on the DP but it's in the Mastering section because you may want to make an adjustment.

So if I felt I need additional EQ I would have to set it blind, as it were. I assume it can’t be accessed while the mastering pass is active, and then listen to it once the recording has completed? If unacceptable, do it over again?

Not so. Play, adjust, rewind, record. Can also be done in real time while recording by adjusting the relevant knobs.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.