Export tracks from 2488 neo to pc

scott123

Gear owned
2488 neo mkii 424 dp01
Hi, I am very rusty with my 2488 neo, haven't used it in ages. But what I want to do is export the Master of a song (or possibly individual tracks) to my PC. Probably to upload to YouTube or a song sharing site etc. My PC is ancient and the CD burner/drive etc. no longer works (if that is even relevant in this case). Just wonder how to do this export, or if it's possible. ..... I've been thinking maybe I'm better off with one of those little 8 tracks like a DP08ex or DP03sd. Anyway, I welcome any guidance. Thank you.

Reactions: shredd
I'll try to help you out...I'm no rocket surgeon, and most of the veterans here know WAAAY more about this than I.
BUT: I'm a veteran of Tascams, including the 2488's...and I know you can do these x'fers via USB, without using CD's. So:

The 'neo allows you to export individual trx in *.WAV format; they end up on the FAT partition of the units' drive, so when you open a USB connection to your puter, it shows up as a drive, and you can copy 'em over (to put in a DAW or move to another recorder, or whatever).
It's been a few...but as I recall, you can ALSO export a stereo master *.WAV (this is also in the menus).

As far as the -008EX & -03...I have BOTH and I find them to be excellent, if quite limited compared to a 'neo (though obviously 10x more portable!). They also allow you to connect to a puter via USB, and show up as a drive, to pull trx or stereo masters off of.
I'm considering parting with my -03SD...mint condition, includes an RC-3F (TOTally awesome piece 'o gear) and a few SD's...DM me if interested.
I personally think the 2488neo was Tascam's best MTR ever...I just sold mine, only because I've become pretty hooked on my O/G DP-32.

SO: don't give up on your 'ne0 - just learn your way around. It'll do what it sounds to me like you're looking to do.
Good luck!:cool::geek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Logrinn

New threads

Members online