Exporting tracks with mix down settings?

Dirge Burble

Gear owned
Tascam dp32sd
Is it possible to export tracks out of a dp32sd - complete with mixdown settings on each individual track - volume, etc?

We've recorded the whole band and got a mix we're all happy with for levels, FX etc. Great.
But there are a few bum notes so I thought I'd export the tracks as .wav files to a DAW, tweak just those notes - leaving the mix unchanged - and then output the finished result.
The tracks have exported fine to the .wav files - but they appear to be raw, without the mix settings.
What's the simplest way to export the tracks individually to .wav complete with mix settings?

Thanks for any suggestions - the dp32sd belongs to one of the guys in the band and we're doing this long distance (hence tweaking on the DAW instead of just re-recording) so the simpler the better!

And apologies if I missed this on any of the videos. The export/import tutorial is great, and it may be that we just have to import the tweaked files back in again for mixdown (being careful with formats), OR instead export a series of mixdowns with the individual tracks solo/muted...

Welcome to the forum. Can you not just import your corrected track(s) and re-run the mixdown? If you didn't tweak any controls on the fly during the mix, you can just let it run through hands-free and all your effects etc. will be applied as before.

You're right about exporting only taking the raw tracks. If you want to include additional effects, you could bounce them and export those instead.

What's the simplest way to export the tracks individually to .wav complete with mix settings?

You would have to mute the unwanted tracks and do a mixdown each time, for each track you want. There is no way to save the setting for total recall. The fader positions are not saved.

Welcome to the forum. Can you not just import your corrected track(s) and re-run the mixdown?

Yep I can - we're just doing this remotely, on different timezones even, and I guess I'm just being lazy and looking for an easy way out!
Thanks

looking for an easy way out!
Nothing wrong with that :)
But... even if you could simply export a track with all its mix settings & fx etc., I'm not sure how useful it would be.
Firstly, editing a track which has fx would be harder than on the raw recording, e.g. how would you edit bum notes with a reverb tail?
Secondly, how would you recombine the edited tracks with the original mix, which by definition already contains the duff tracks?
I think the only ways are to either try editing the final mix - which you can still do on the machine by copying the master file back to AudioDepot (using a computer), and then importing it into the song (or a new song), or edit individual tracks (on or off the machine) and then remix.
However you do it, good luck :)

Thanks all for the support - PT esp with the export/import how-to video.
In the end we're going to try all possible options :) - the tweaked tracks went back into the db32sd just fine, (wav formats to match recording) and we now have a great mix there, plus I'm going to try my hand at a mix out of GB to play with fader automation.
Thanks again.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.