External effects unit recommendation

FenderStringBender

From
Atlanta GA
Gear owned
Tascam DP-24
Hi Folks,

I am looking to add an external multi-effects unit for use with the DP-24. The built in effects are a bit subtle and sometimes lacking IMO. My budget is about $300. Any recommendations? I have been looking at the TC Electronics M350. Any ideas much appreciated!

Reactions: -mjk-
Fender, I've been using the internal effects with good results. You have to hit the sends pretty hard and turn up the returns.

The M350 looks like a great unit and TC Electronics is well known for quality products.

Last edited:
Reactions: FenderStringBender
I bought a used M350 off Reverb for $100, and have been pleased with the performance. I recently decided I wanted a second loop, and bought a M100. Pleased with it as well.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

MJK, I hear you on the sends. I have to crank them up just to get noticable reverb. It is usable, but I am going to bring in an external unit to expand the pallate a little bit.

Reactions: -mjk-
Fender, it's always nice to have those extra options. @Matt B $100? wow.... here in Taiwan the thing is $300 new because of import duties.

I'm using the VoiceLive Touch 2 and it works great.

Technically, the M350 was defective!

It had a non-original knob. Technicians (me) deftly used a black magic marker to cover the white stripe on the face of the knob, and then a silver marker to add a new line.

New threads

Members online