Failed to export message

Craig Jolly

Gear owned
Tascam DPS 32
I'm trying to send some files to my Audio Depot so I can transfer to a PC. I get an error message, "Failed to Export."

This question is two fold:

1. Is there a way for me to use Audio Depot to transfer files to the PC.
2. If not, how can I get my tracks to the PC for mixing at a studio.

Please note that I already transferred the master file for the song in question (titled GRE V4). There are a total of 340 files, with lots of zzz's!

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Craig in Key Weset

Craig, have a look at this, I had to consult it earlier also!

It's part of a playlist that you might want to check also.

Thanksks for the link. I still don't know why I'm getting the error message. I think zi hgave plenty of space on the SD card.

I don't think your probl;em is space related. If I understand correctly ou are trying to export the Z files. They can't be "exported", first they have to be "consolidated" or "exported" into a .wav file. Confusing I know!

No. I was trying to export wav files to the audio depot. I got a failed to export message. I learned a vocal track was hanging up everything. I exported other files one at a time. Then i bounced the vocal track to another chfannel. I tried exporting from the new channel and it.

Thanks for your help.

Brian ... the error message occurred when I was trying to export files to the Audio Depot -- not rhe raw files

I had this yesterday too. The unit then locked itself for a couple of minutes (blank screen) before sorting itself out. Loaded a different song, exported that OK, then reloaded the original and it exported too. 5 songs exported in all.

May or may not be relevant, but (1) I'd uploaded the new firmware before these songs were recorded, and (2) got a disc error message when I tried to save the first one. Did a quick format and all the songs saved OK.

I wonder if it's related to the upgrade? Never seen this behaviour before.

I didnt know there was such a thing as firmware for the 3200. What about it?

I'm talking about the DP24 (& 32/SD). There are recent firmware updates at the Tascam site and some people have had performance issues with the latest.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.