Files are transferred to the computer, but now I'm stuck

I did everything you guys told me to, in triplicate, so I suspected a computer problem. I called a computer geek in the area and he went over the obvious things that were already done, such as checking the headphones and cable, re-installing a sound card, listening to another fully panned song, reinstalling windows 10, etc. He still didn't believe that I thoroughly covered all the bases and wanted to check for himself, because if what I said was true, that could only mean a hardware malfunction. And that would be exceedingly rare, especially on a Dell that was less than a year old. I didn't want to pay him to re-check what I already did. Anyway, he suggested that I talk to his friend, another computer geek who was also a musician. We covered the same things, and he came to the same conclusion. Then I borrowed another computer, and from there on everything completely changed. All I did was insert the SD and when I called up each song they played in perfect stereo with the panning exactly as I adjusted it. What a blessing!

Reactions: -mjk-
Zeke, wow, what a story! I can just imagine how difficult that must have been, convincing people that you know what you're doing, had double and triple checked everything, and that it's not your imagination!

That happens to me here in Taiwan, at least once a week. But you can imagine the extra level of complexity when I'm trying to explain all these concepts in Chinese, lol. In a completely different field, I had an electrical problem with my car. The mechanic checked things out, and said the problem is very serious because the door lock mechanism wasn't functioning either. Then I told him, I had taken the fuse out of the door lock mechanism block to replace a blown fuse somewhere else, and he refused to believe me. This want on for five minutes, while he explained how the systems are interrelated, blah blah. Finally, I just pushed him aside, went to my fuse panel and put the fuse back and suddenly the door lock system worked. Needless to say I've been working with a new mechanic now who actually listens to me. I hope those techs listened to you too!

New threads

Members online