Flanging With minimal equipment

Andrew Kelly

Gear owned
Tascam DP-32
So I'm a huge Tame Impala fan and I admire Kevin Parker's production, especially on Lonerism. Myself and my friends have been recording some music on my DP-32 and I have one song in particular with a crescendo like ending. I want to employ the kind of flanging that Tame Impala use on songs such as "Mind Mischief" and "Past Life" on my song but all I have to work with is my DP-32 and a ZOOM G3 multi effects unit. I'm only 18 so this is all new to me and I don't have the cash to buy more kit. Does anyone know a way I could flange my tracks like Tame Impala? Thankyou very much

This should not be difficult. You can route an already recorded track(s) out of the "send" on the back of the DP32 to the input of the Zoom G3. Then route the output of the Zoom back to any available input and assign that to an unused track. While recording the signal back to the new track - you can apply the affect from the ZOOM to whatever part of the track you choose.

Watch the Phil Tipping video(s) for a deep and thorough understanding of internal and external send effects routing.

Ah... just remembered that there is also a flange effect in the guitar effects bank already in the DP32. So you have the option of using the flange effect inside the DP32 or your external ZOOM device.

Options are good! ; - )

Last edited:
Ah of course! I had had a similar idea only I used the headphone jack to input into the G3 which created a big feedback loop....thank you very much!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.