Forum categories

DJ X

Administrator
Staff member
From
NYC
The current forum categories are adapted from the last existing archive of April 30, 2011.

Given the changes to TASCAM's product lineup in the past year and a half, we will continue to tweak existing categories, add new ones, or combine old ones where necessary.

Please post any suggestions regarding the organization of forums and subforums in this topic. Thank you.

I don't see it as a main topic but if it isn't there, you should create one for the new DP-24 digital workstation.

-Charlie

That's essentially a PORTA STUDIO... So a analog section with PORTA STUDIO and a Digital section with PORTA STUDIO should suffice I'd say..

I see that DP-24 users are looking for a place to discuss their experiences but they are not coming here. Probably because they can't find the right place to ask the question. I see 2488 and DP-24/32 as similar machines and as 2488 Neo user some discussions about DP-24 is like a déjà vu, all the information is interesting for both 2488 and DP24/32 users. I think the name of the topic should be changed to "2488, DP-24/32 Portastudios" and "DP-01, DP-01FX, and DP-004" should be renamed to "Compact Digital Portastudios" (or something like this).

Also, about handheld recorders:

I been looking around web and I could not find a place where Tascam users or who's looking for information can find a place to discuss about it. The information is spread everywhere, on different topics, different forums and TASCAM series are great machines. Very hard to collect information or even find good information.

I myself actually have a simple but polemic information/solution that I'd like to share but I couldn't find the right place here ( or a good place elsewhere ). I'm afraid it will get lost inside another topic.

Handheld recorders are used for various applications, music, movies, sound effects, interviews, sound for video games and so on, TASCAMFORUMS should be the right place to start to concentrate the information. Looks like it deserves a dedicated topic or, just rename the topic "Pocketstudio 5" to "Handheld recorders" or "Handheld and Field recorders" would be the solution.

Reactions: dctdct
cmaffia said:
I don't see it as a main topic but if it isn't there, you should create one for the new DP-24 digital workstation.
-Charlie
Yes please can you do this ?

adrstudio said:
Handheld recorders are used for various applications, music, movies, sound effects, interviews, sound for video games and so on, TASCAMFORUMS should be the right place to start to concentrate the information. Looks like it deserves a dedicated topic or, just rename the topic "Pocketstudio 5" to "Handheld recorders" or "Handheld and Field recorders" would be the solution.

I agree with Adriano and have expanded the Pocketstudio 5 forum (which wasn't getting much love) to include all handheld and field recorders.

I think the name of the topic should be changed to "2488, DP-24/32 Portastudios" and "DP-01, DP-01FX, and DP-004" should be renamed to "Compact Digital Portastudios" (or something like this).

What do the mods think about this?

I was wondering about the dp 24 as well i have so many questions but the only websites i come across have been bashing them and i actually like the dp 24

Alright, better late than never. :geek: DP-24/32 now go together with 2488, and the "Pocketstudios" (DP-01, DP-03, DP-004 etc) get their own forum.

If there are any more suggestions regarding forum categories, please post them here.

Hi, I want to post in the right space but not sure where to ask questions about the Tascam mixcast 4? Do you need a new section or can I post anywhere?

@Orelanic post questions in the forum that most nearly resembles the device you are interested in and when we create a new section, the mods will move the appropriate topics there. Thanks for asking.

New threads

Members online