FW1884 Cannot get firewire to activate for more than a couple of mins

dodgyg1

Gear owned
FW1884 & DR-05
FW1884 Ser.No. 0280044/Win7 x64 Home Premium Sp1/ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0/AMD FX6300/2 x 4Gb Kingston Hyper Fury DDR3 1866MHz memory/

I have set my system up following directions on the forum. I have FW1884 v1.80 and Sonar Plugin v1.22x64 drivers installed. The Tascam boots up, does a lamp check then settles to led on lights above stop button, Computer, Firewire and Clock. During this period I am able to get FW audio devices show up on my system and pressing the <Control Panel> pushbutton brings up the FW Control Panel. I do not have however any other control surface control. After two to five minutes the Firewire led goes off.

Two observations made after going through the system. First the Firewire card (with TI chipset) shares an IRQ with another device but no apparent conflicts are shown. Second looking at the drivers it appears that two for the FW1884 are "stopped".

This is a clean install of OS and Sonar and this is my first attempts at getting the FW to run after an ebay purchase. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
FW1884 Ser.No. 0280044/Win7 x64 Home Premium Sp1/ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0/AMD FX6300/2 x 4Gb Kingston Hyper Fury DDR3 1866MHz memory/

Best regards and thanks in anticipation,

dodgyg1

Attachments

• FW1884 SCREEN PRINTS.zip
    843.9 KB · Views: 1
I have now managed to get the firewire led to stay lit. I achieved this by using the TI firewire chip driver rather than the ohci legacy driver (recommended on the forum). However the FW1884 control panel fails to show the firewire connection is "In Sync".
The Control Surfaces tab on Sonar Platinum does not appear to have a preset for the FW1884 so lists the standard ACT controller 1 as the control surface yet I was able to find the FW1884 Control listed in both the input and output drop down menus.
This now becoming a real PITA. Is there no one out there with any suggestions that might help get me up and running?

Best regards,

dodgyg1

New threads

Members online

No members online now.