Gain problem with new UH-7000 and Audio Studio

sean301

Gear owned
UH-7000
Hi all...

I've been trying a few test recordings of a drum machine with my new UH-7000. When I record in Audio Studio 10, I can't seem to get the gain above -25dB as input, so the recordings are very low... I'm not sure why this input signal is soooo low, no matter what I do.

I've tried:

1) running the drum machine straight into the UH-7000 analog inputs
2) routing through a mixer, feeding the main outs into the analog inputs

I'm nearly over-driving the mixer channels and main outs when I do 2). BUT - Audio Studio only reports this weak signal... The only way I can get the gain above -20db is if I really overdrive the UH-7000 into the red.

I'm a recording newbie, so any help is appreciated.... Thanks in advance.

There must be something wrong with your digital stream from UH-7000 to the software, or internally from analog IN to digital OUT inside the UH. Check whether the UH really sends the analog to its USB output, and then your OS and Audio Studio connections.

Thank you for the reply... I believe you are correct. I will first take a look at the settings on the mixer panel for analog IN to digital OUT, and then check out Windows, and Audio Studio...

Thanks for the help... I didn't think about the UH-7000 internal routing to the digital OUT... :)

Problem solved - it was the internal routing of the UH-7000 that I did not have correctly config'd. Thank you very much for your kind assistance... :)

Glad you got it working. Happy recording!

New threads

Members online