Gen1 x48 turned into x48mkII - and dead motherboard resolved

Brief update - my collaborator and metal cutting fiend/friend came over and we measured the case and he dremel cut the rectangle for the new motherboard i/o shield as well as cutting away the space to accommodate a power supply with a power switch, as shown in Neal’s pics. Also drilled the four new holes for the motherboard standoffs. Actually we drilled 8, because I had the template upside down :) oh well :D

It works magnificently. Best pal.

Last edited:
Reactions: shredd
Hi mixerizer
I am having some trouble with the PCI driver. I think this is the last driver that has not installed properly. I booted the machine several time but still no success. Can this driver be downloaded from elsewhere into a USB stick and installed manually?
Also how do you get into Windows directory to check if everything else has been installed correctly?
When I click on file on the recording app then I click on file manager it doesn’t take me into the Windows directory

Reactions: mixerizer
Hi Ashkane - I didn’t have to do the explorer thing nor modify any files, I just shut down after the first boot was done (that boot was when it asked for the PCI driver, which I didn’t try to find) and it installed it itself on the second boot. My guess is it needs to go longer before rebooting the first few times. Its a guess but I think the driver is tascam’s sane wave driver, and not available elsewhere than by being installed from the MKII recovery disk.

Than’s mixerizer for your reply. Do you know how to exit the recording app so I can install the PCI Driver manually from the Restore CD?

You don’t need to - it should do it itself, usually after the first boot. Look in program files, tho - thats where Neal found the NIC driver. You can navigate around the hard drive when prompted to try to find the driver, i didnt use explorer or make any mods.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.