Giving up on 16x08

Super100

Gear owned
US16x08
Got this for Christmas but I can't seem to use it at all. I record my band live at our rehearsal space and have been using a Pod UX8 for 10 years. Wanted to mic the whole drum kit so got the Tascam. But as soon as I plug it in the interrupts are so bad I can't record a thing without pops, distortion, slowness and dropouts. I have tweaked and tweaked my system in every way possible for weeks now and can't get a usable 5 seconds worth of recording.

System is as follows:
Clevo based Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
16Gb RAM
Windows 10-64Bit
Samsung EVO 850 512Gb SSD
Cubase 8.5 Artist

As soon as I plug in the interface the interrupts from usbport.sys go off the charts. Tried deleting the drivers and checking for shared IRQs. Reinstall. Everyting I can think of.

Here are latency screen shots at idle:

DPC1.PNG

and with the interface plugged but no project running:

usbsys3.PNG

usbsys4.PNG

Any assistance would be welcome, otherwise I'm going to have to send this back. :(

cheers.

Curious if you have tried running the same DPC test with the unit connected to another machine.

Reactions: Super100
I ultimately solved this with system USB driver updates in Win 8.1

Reactions: Super100
Thank you for the replies guys.

Curious if you have tried running the same DPC test with the unit connected to another machine.

I don't really have another machine around but maybe I can dig something up or steal my wife's work computer for a quick test to determine if it's device or driver.

BobF - I've searched and searched and can't find any updated driver for this. It is the Intel C220 Extensible Host drivers. I have uninstalled them and reinstalled to no avail. I also tried wiping my whole system and doing a clean OS install but no joy there either.

When I use the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver that comes with Cubase though I can playback any project with no clicks or pops or resource issues at all.

I tracked mine down at the motherboard vendor's site (ASUS)

Something that may or may not work ... if your machine has a USB3 port you could give that a try. How well USB3 performs in USB2 mode is hit/miss, but this works well on my system. The USB3 hardware is designed to handle larger volumes of data.

If you look at the 16x08 spec, it says USB2 "storage class"

You may end up having to return it, but for me, this thing is pure sweetness once I got it playing nice.

Good Luck

New threads

Members online

No members online now.